Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Flynn Wendy’s Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Flynn Group was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee’s in Washington State.
Since then, the company has grown at over 30% a year, added five additional leading brands in Taco Bell, Panera, Arby’s, Pizza Hut, and Wendy’s, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of top 20 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its six wholly-owned subsidiaries, Flynn Applebee’s, Flynn Taco Bell, Flynn Panera, Flynn Arby’s, Flynn Pizza Hut and Flynn Wendy’s, Flynn Group owns and operates over 440 Applebee's, 280 Taco Bells, 130 Panera cafes, 360 Arby’s, 930 Pizza Huts, and 190 Wendy’s representing $3.5 Billion in Sales and directly employing almost 73,000 people in 44 states.
In the future, the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants and opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear - we provide ever-improving support to enable our operators to focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 200 team members and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding, and appreciating their contributions, and helping them reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, who want to "Own it" and who take a "Whatever it Takes" attitude in all they do.
The Finance Manager is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and interpreting diverse financial and operational data streams for a $424M multi-unit quick-serve restaurant franchisee. This is a key role that directly supports operations leadership primarily focused on our Wendy’s brand
Essential responsibilities include:
- Lead and drive financial forecasts and annual budgeting processes with operations and financial leadership; align budget to strategies and gain alignment from business partners.
- Provide financial and analytical counsel to inform decision-making around strategic and tactical initiatives across business operations, development, and real estate.
- Prepare periodic financial reviews, including variance and financial statement analysis; communicate business drivers behind results and potential implications on future performance.
- Create financial models and scenarios as inputs for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, marketing investment, and labor deployment.
- Understand market dynamics and competitive landscape; conduct analysis, synthesize, and summarize implications to business.
- Serve as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective.
- Support field leaders and improve market profitability.
- Various ad-hoc requests.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting or Finance preferred, along with 5-7 years of experience in a corporate financial analysis and/or public accounting role.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts and principles related to financial/operational metrics and analytical techniques/tools.
- Strong analytical and communication skills; attention to detail and ability to multi-task and function at a high level under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Proven record as a good team player with an understanding of how to deliver both personal and team goals.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with limited direction
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
- Medical / Dental Vision
- Retirement and Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid work-from-home and in-office flexibility
- Company Outings
For a copy of Flynn Group’s Workplace Privacy Notice, please visit https://flynn.com/privacy-policy/
The Flynn Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer